Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Being a late night host means never having to say your sorry.

For the love of god Dave, please don't apologize to Rush Limbaugh.  Michael Steele did - which I think was undermining to his role as Chair of the GOP.  I think that you have more chutzpah than Steele does.  Look - even Katie Couric squirmed a little bit when you mentioned ill of Rush. She was probably thinking - "my ratings just went up a little bit, don't mess it up for me."  But, again, this is giving Limbaugh too much power.  I am attaching this video below:


When it comes down to it Dave, you and Rush are more alike than different. You are an entertainer who brought a new level of irreverence to late night television, while Limbaugh is a talk show host who brought irreverence to the radio arena (truthfully I think that this was more Howard Stern's doing, but I don't want to split hairs).

So Dave - to borrow a line from Ali McGraw in Love Story - being a late night host means never having to say your sorry.  I don't think that Steele should have either.

No comments: